Can Marroig is a public farm in the north easy of Formentera covering 137.33 hectares, which was acquired by the autonomous region in 1998. Parts of the property date back to 1620, and the main house and farmyard is constructed in a typical Mallorcan style. Technically the Can Marroig area includes Torre de Punta Gavina.
The smaller of Formentera’s two salt water lagoons, Estany des Peix is particularly popular with the French for some reason. It is located just one kilometre south of La Savina and is on the right and side as you take the PM-820 out of the village.
Estany des Peix used to be an old fishing port, [...]
Estany Pudent is the largest of Formentera’s two salt lagoons. It starts south of the Port de la Savina, and is just behind the coastline of Es Cavall d’en Borras from which it takes in fresh seawater.
The history behind Estany Pudent is an interesting one. In the 1800s two sisters came from Ibiza to raise [...]